You have the option of connecting external sensors to the recorder's relays at the back of the recorder, to trigger alarms on the recorder or activate your sensors through the recorder.
Step 1: Prepare the hardware
CONNECTING A PIR SENSOR: You can connect a PIR sensor or door contact with the recorder. This way the sensor triggers the recorder to start the recording. In this case connect the Phase cable to one of the sensor ports and the ground cable to G.
CONNECTING AN EXTERNAL ALARM (SIRENE): When you want to attach a sirene to the recorder, you need to attach the ground cable of the sirene and the ground cable of the power supply on the 2 ALARM ports of the recorder. It does not matter in which order you attach it. Please check the photo below:
To power up your connected sensor, connect the sensor to an external power supply like in the image below:
Step 2: Set settings on the recorder (for attaching the sirene)
1. Drag your mouse pointer to the bottom of the screen and click on the leftmost icon .
2. Click on Settings.
3. Enter your password and click Unlock.
4. Navigate to Alarm and then Alarm I/O.
5. In the Alarm type column you can select the output status of the connection between the recorder and the sensor.
- Always ON: If a door is open by default and should trigger an alarm when it closes.
- Always OFF: If a door is closed by default and the alarm is to be triggered when it opens. If the door opened, the recording would start.
- OFF: sensor is deactivated.
6. In the Cameras column you can specify which cameras are triggered by the alarm. Click Apply to save your changes.
7. Navigate to Record and then switch to Record and Record Schedule. Click on IO in the right area and mark the corresponding recording times for each camera channel.
8. Then click on Apply.