Choose your device:
It is possible to stream the individual camera channels directly via the RTSP protocol. We recommend VLC Player as the playback medium.
Use the recorder
Step 1: Set a static IP address for the recorder
The recorder must have a static IP address so that you can permanently access the stream. We have described the procedure in more detail for you here: Assign a static IP address .
Step 2: RTSP settings on the recorder
- Drag your cursor to the bottom of the screen and click the leftmost icon.
- Click on Settings.
- Enter your password and click Unlock.
- Click on Cameras and then on IP Channels.
- Select Protocol Manage at the top.
Under Resources Path, replace both the mainstream and the substream with the IP address specified in step 1, as in the following example:
- rtsp://YOUR IP ADDRESS:554/ch01/0)
- Then click Apply.
Step 3: RTSP call
To clarify the call via RTSP, you will find the definition of the individual parts of the RTSP link below.
- RTSP = protocol
- 192.168.2.155 = IP address of your recorder
- 554 = Streaming Port
- ch01 = channel to be displayed. Ch02 for channel 2, ch03 for channel 3 etc.
- /0 = Mainstream - maximum resolution. /1 = Substream - lower resolution
- Open the VLC player or any program.
- Click Media and then click Open Network Stream.
- In the tab Network, enter your rtsp stream e.g. rtsp: //192.168.2.155: 554 / ch01 / 0) and then click on Play.
- Enter the user data of the recorder.